Join the Reuse Revolution
We’re on a mission to create the most effective, natural and sustainable beauty products in the world. Small changes, make a big impact - and that includes your beauty routine. Every product in our award-winning range has been designed with sustainability at its heart.
“To become a Beauty Kitchen product, it has to do three things: first, it has to really work - because at the end of the day, that’s what we all want. Second, it has to get those great results with only 100% natural ingredients. And third - it has be sustainable, both inside and out. Every product in our range ticks all three of these boxes and that’s our promise” Jo, Our Founder
Within the UK over 95% of beauty packaging is thrown away after just one use and of that only 9% is actually recycled. We are determined to change that - we have pioneered the groundbreaking RETURN • REFILL • REPEAT scheme, where we wash and reuse our packaging - it's better than recycling! Join the Reuse Revolution today and switch to Beauty Kitchen.
The driving force behind Beauty Kitchen, Jo started the business with her husband Stuart in 2014, when she struggled to find natural and sustainable beauty products that really worked. A chemist, botanist and sustainability expert Jo has grown Beauty Kitchen from 6 products stocked in just one retailer to over 120 products stocked in well known high street stores such as Boots and Sainsburys.
As well as steering the ship at Beauty Kitchen Jo often speaks at cosmetics and packaging events, a natural disrupter, Jo’s approach to sustainability secured her the Who’s Who in Natural Beauty for the second year running. Jo also recently featured on BBC breakfast talking all things sustainability and how Beauty Kitchen are helping Glasgow to become the first carbon neutral city in the UK!
RETURN • REFILL • REPEAT
Our groundbreaking RETURN• REFILL • REPEAT scheme allows customers to send their packaging back to us and we will wash and reuse it in the next batch. It's even better than recycling!
All of our packaging is designed with sustainability in mind. From our compostable pouches to using FSC approved cardboard and vegetable inks and precycled containers that can be returned to us to be reused in our one of a kind closed loop scheme we truly are pioneers in this area.
95% of our products are registered with the vegan society so you know they are completely plant based. The other 5% are vegetarian and contain sustainably sourced beeswax which is a by product of the honey industry,
Plastic Soup Foundation
We partner with the Plastic Soup Foundation to fight for clean oceans. The Plastic Soup Foundation lead the way on banning micro plastics from cosmetics. We are proud that all of our products contain absolutely no micro plastics and we donate 1% of all sales to this charity
We are proud to be the first high street beauty brand to become a B Corp in 2017. Being a B Corp is so important to us and we firmly believe in using business as a force for good - that's why we donate 2% of sales (not profits!) to charities close to our heart
Beauty That Gives Back
We donate 2% of sales (not profits) to charity all year, every year. We support the Seahorse Trust and the Plastic Soup Foundation, as well as donating products to InKind Direct who supply over 300 UK charities.
The international gold standard against animal testing - we are fully Leaping Bunny Certified and proud to be a cruelty free brand. We never test on animals and neither do our suppliers - it's that simple
Made in the UK
We make all of our products in the UK to ensure that we keep our carbon footprint as low as possible. We are a big employer in our local area and work with local schools and the community to develop sustainability initiatives.
Become a sustainable beauty pioneer
So Plastic Free July has come to an end and we wanted to celebrate all the amazing sustainable steps and swaps you have all taken to join our #ReuseRevolution Living...
Every year Natural Health Magazine celebrate the absolute best in holistic and complementary beauty with their Natural Health International Beauty Awards. Now in its 15th year, the awards feature an...
Sustainable. Natural. Compostable. The Konjac Sponge is making a huge impact in the beauty industry as the eco-friendly cleansing tool. The notorious 'wet wipe' is the queen of convenience right? However…these...
The stats surrounding plastics in the beauty industry are not pretty, but we must educate ourselves and change our ways to start a new plastic free #ReuseRevolution! What’s So Bad...
Join the Sustainable Beauty Club
Sign up for the latest Beauty Kitchen news, sustainable innovations and exclusive offers straight to your inbox.