Every March, B Lab and the global B Corp Community join together to celebrate what it means to be a B Corp and build awareness about the movement of people using business as a force for good.
There are now over 600 B Corp certified business in the UK, all using their business as a force for good. We are SO excited to announce that we are not only the highest rated B Corp in the UK industry, but also the 5th highest scoring B Corp in the UK altogether!
After becoming the first high street beauty business in the UK to become a certified B Corporation in 2017, we have now grown our score from 89.3 to 139.8 thanks to how we prioritise balancing purpose with profit. This includes our efforts in creating a sustainable future, and the progress we have made with our Return•Refill•Repeat programme and refill stations.
By becoming B Corp certified, we are legally required to consider the impact of our decisions on our workers, customers, suppliers, community, and the environment. The initiatives that have made a difference to our score include:
- No synthetic ingredients
- No microplastics (as certified by Plastic Soup Foundation)
- No animal testing (Leaping Bunny approved)
- Only using sustainably sourced natural ingredients
- ‘Beauty that Gives Back’ – for every sale, Beauty Kitchen donates 2% of sales revenue (instead of profit) to sustainable charity partners (e.g. Plastic Soup Foundation, The Seahorse Trust, In Kind Direct)
- Home-grown focus: products are manufactured in the UK, travel less and have a reduced carbon footprint, and help build a sustainable ecosystem by creating jobs in local communities
- A pioneering ‘Return, Refill, Repeat’ programme that enables customers to return any packaging that has the ‘Return•Refill•Repeat logo
“This is a big moment for us and the result of our team’s dedication to purposeful and sustainable business throughout the past four years, particularly during 2020. The important thing is that we keep focusing on how we can improve and continue to grow a sustainable community.” - Jo Chidley, Founder of Beauty Kitchen
So, if you’ve been following us as a Beauty Kitchen customer you’ll know exactly what this recertification means to us and we hope we’ve been able to brighten up you week with our positive news! To find out more, head to the rankings methodology for B Corp here.
What else is happening for B Corp month?
We are so excited to be featured in Good News! Opening today, Good News is a pop up in the heart of central London, showcasing what is #BehindtheB and driving awareness on how to buy better.
We’re delighted to be featured amongst other brands that, like us, have positive impact and continuous improvement at their core. If you’re in London, head down to 10A Rathbone Place, W1T 1HP to check it out for yourself. Good News is open until 31st March, Monday to Saturday between 10am and 6pm.