In total, there are now 800 B Corp certified businesses within the UK and over 5,000 around the globe. We happen to be amongst the top 5% as a Best for the World!
Being a B Corp certified business means that we are meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose. Our B Corp certification has gone from strength to strength, from increasing our score in 2021 so that we became the highest scoring B Corp in the European beauty industry, to being announced as a Best for the World B Corp in Community. This year, we have done it again!
Community Impact Area
B Corp has evaluated our engagement with and impact on the communities we operate with including diversity, equity and inclusion, economic impact, civic engagement, charitable giving, and supply chain management.
Community is at the heart of Beauty Kitchen, whether that’s on a local, national, or global level. These are just a few examples of how we have earned the honour of Best for the World in this impact area:
- Championing our reusable or compostable packaging that gives customers easy access to the circular economy
- ‘Beauty that Gives Back’ - for every sale, Beauty Kitchen donates 2% of sales revenue (instead of profit) to sustainable charity partners
- Home-grown focus: products are manufactured in the UK, travel less and have a reduced carbon footprint
- We are a female led business that helps build a sustainable ecosystem by creating jobs in local communities
We are incredibly proud of how we contribute to charitable organisations as a team too! Here are a few highlights:
- In Kind Direct: we have donated over £200K worth of product through In Kind Direct to help 869 charitable organisations including those that support education, youth care, emergency relief, schools, and family welfare
- The Seahorse Trust: we have supported their Studland Seahorse Project, focused on Studland Bay in Dorset, now a Marine Conservation Zone which will ensure that the existing laws will be enforced to protect and improve the habitat for species like Spiny seahorses
- Plastic Soup Foundation: we are proud to be a Gold Business Angel for Plastic Soup Foundation meaning that we pursue an active policy to reduce the use of single use plastic and try to prevent leakage to the environment
- Eco Soap Bank: we have helped to provide soap and hygiene education to the developing world, and so far, have donated the equivalent of 3.5K soap bars!
- The NHS: we worked double time to produce 50K units of hand sanitiser in refillable, reusable bottles and donated over 230K units of our beauty products to organisations such as The NHS and the London Ambulance Service
- Earthly: we have partnered with Earthly (another B Corp) as part of their reforestation project in Madagascar, and so far, we have help to plant over 5K mangrove trees
We couldn’t be prouder to be named a B Corp Best for the World yet again, and we fully understand that our work doesn’t stop here. We will always strive to do the best we can to benefit people, communities, and the planet - this is our promise to you!