Introducing your new favourite cruelty free & vegan sustainable skincare range for 2021.
Veganuary isn’t just for food & fashion - it can influence your cosmetics choices too! Which is why we are highlighting our award-winning Seahorse Plankton+ range. The entire range is registered with The Vegan Society & is Leaping Bunny approved by Cruelty Free International…just look out for these logos:
From cleansers to masks and serums to oils, we’ve got your whole sustainable vegan skincare routine covered. Supercharge with a unique blend of sustainably sourced marine extracts, including two types of microalgae and three hand-harvested seaweeds, this range is scientifically proven to renew & protect skin.
“We want to provide people with a fully sustainable alternative to their usual skincare routines that isn’t going to harm the planet. Our Seahorse Plankton+ range provides just this! We’ve harnessed the power of natural plant based plankton to create skincare products with incredibly effective results.” - our founder, Jo Chidley.
Plankton isn’t Vegan…right?
Ours is plant based, so yes it is! Since we don’t want to take any recourses from the ocean (or from the endangered seahorse population), we grow the plant based marine extracts ourselves. We do this in giant algae baths within a bioreactor which is essentially a large greenhouse. The microalgae then absorb Co2 and release oxygen - creating renewable energy that we sell back to the electricity grid as part of the circular economy!
We also make sure we donate 2% of our sales (not profits) to charities such as The Seahorse Trust so we can ensure the safety and conservation of these beautiful sea creatures. It’s skincare that gives back.
The Seahorse Plankton+ Range
- Revitalising Gel Cleanser - this rejuvenating gel gently removes make-up and impurities to renew your natural glow
- Facial Cleansing Konjac Sponge - simple, effective, deep cleansing and pure. Our Konjac Sponge is eco-friendly and 100% compostable…even the packaging it comes in is!
- Bright Eyes Probiotic Serum - powered by marine extracts and caffeine, this super serum lightens dark circles, tightens and reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles
- High Definition Facial Oil - proven to boost collagen in just 24 hours and reduce the appearance of face spots, fine lines and wrinkles
- Really Radiant Moisturiser - protects skin from pollution, evens tone and revitalises daily for ultra-moisturised skin
- Bright Night Intensive Cream - restorative overnight cream bursting with our unique blend of marine extracts that targets fine lines and wrinkles, boosts collagen and awakens radiant, dewy, dream-like skin in just one beauty sleep
- Super Glow Active Mist - dives deep into your skin to protect, hydrate and refresh through the afternoon and evening for a bright, glowing boost in one spritz
- 5 Minute Miracle Mask - reduce redness, brighten complexion, smooth texture and even skin tone for a dewy, youthful glow in just 5 short minutes!
- Beauty Boost BB Cream - plankton-powered to protect and perfect. A light coverage cream that blends with almost all skin tones and doubles up as a great base for foundation too
- 60 Second Manicure - a super advanced hand scrub powered by our collagen-boosting marine micro algae and Himalayan salt, to smooth texture and revitalise hands in just 1 minute
Ultra Restore Hand Cream - reduce redness, brighten complexion, smooth texture and even skin tone for a dewy, youthful glow in just 5 short minutes!
Whether you’ve decided to take part in Veganuary for health purposes, animal cruelty reasons or to reduce environmental impact – why not take the latter one step further by considering packaging impact too?
We look at every single element of a product’s journey, which is why all our packaging in this range (and all our others) is created with the end in mind. Aside from our 100% compostable Seahorse Plankton+ Konjac Sponge, everything else in the range is part of our waste zero Return•Refill•Repeat programme - where you can send back the packaging to us via free post and we will wash it ready to be used again & again!
With over 95% of beauty packaging being thrown away, and only 9% of plastic being recycled globally…it’s time to Join the #ReuseRevolution now!
Dive into the full vegan Seahorse Plankton+ range here to look at our individual, value bundles and even our Discovery Kit to introduce you to the top picks! Or for more vegan haircare and Bath & Body products, check out The Sustainables range.